A better way to diet

Walk into any book store and you’ll find hundreds of diet books from South Beach to Atkins to the Watermelon Seed Hop on One Leg Diet. Everyone has an opinion and in reality, most of them work….. for 20% of the people. For the other 80%, its off to another diet. The real problem is, how to keep the weight off and yet still have some semblance of a normal life.

There is one tried and true method of dieting that will help more people lose weight than any other.  Only problem is, it isn’t a sexy program.  It does require caloric restriction but not a whole lot. If you really want to lose weight long term, you need to cut only about 100-200 calories a day, but it needs to be consistent. Match that up with a moderate exercise campaign and you’ll get that 1-2 pounds per month weight lose which is considered the best way to lose weight and keep it off.

So how do you accomplish this feat?  Drop the sugar and high fructose corn syrup soft drinks for starters. If you drink 2-3 a day and you cut them out and switch to water and Peltier electrolytes you’ll be eliminating hundreds of empty calories a day.  That’s it!!!  Simple and effective.  If you don’t drink soda’s think about switching from whole milk to 1% milk as that will save you 86 calories per 12 ounce glass. Little things like cutting back on fruit juices (why do they call them fruit juice when it is packed with corn syrup) will save tons of calories.

When you look at your daily diet, it really won’t take much to lower your caloric intake by a significant enough amount to make a difference. Of course, there are more things you can do to kick up your metabolism and make your body burn energy more efficiently.  But that is for another day.